Free Web Hosting Talk

FreeWHT Newbie

Default Counter-Strike 1.6 server [FREE HOSTING]

Hello !

I want to know that is there any company which provides free Counter-Strike 1.6 Dedicated Server hosting for players in South Asia ?

THANK YOU !

2. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Adept

I don't personally know of any -- I'd use an existing server to play (perhaps find an empty one). Or, run a small one from one of your computers.

Its going to cost someone money to allocate a server off to you, and the likelihood of them doing that with a high chance for abuse and low output, is quite slim.

FreeWHT Novice

For the amount of resources that the counter strike servers use, as well as the requirement of a valve ID for each daemon running.... The chance of getting a free counter strike server is very very low unfortunately.

5. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Newbie

I ant to create a non-steam server & cant use my computer for that due to amx modx & lot other plugins .

FreeWHT Novice

Non-steam servers use just as much resources as steam servers. Overall valve software servers for gaming use a lot of resources, even if its just 2 players - they still use a lot of resources - bandwidth, space, CPU and memory all of which effects other services and users on the server.

FreeWHT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by StableHosting View Post
    Non-steam servers use just as much resources as steam servers. Overall valve software servers for gaming use a lot of resources, even if its just 2 players - they still use a lot of resources - bandwidth, space, CPU and memory all of which effects other services and users on the server.
    OK !

so no 1 will provide me for free ?

FreeWHT Novice

Quote Originally Posted by XTREME View Post
    OK !

so no 1 will provide me for free ?
    Well, i know its hard to get hosting for gaming servers. ive been there and done that. However i didn't expect a high resource usage server for free, I asked for sponsorship of my gaming clan which i setup. With sponsorship the gaming server provider made money of us because other players purchased gaming servers from the company of whom sponsored us.

So, instead of expecting something for free - How about setup a gaming clan, get some gaming friends together and ask around the gaming server providers to sponsor you.

In the other hand, a CS server is only $1.50 per player slot with some gaming service providers. Google is your friend in this point of time.

Good luck

FreeWHT Newbie

Actually my friend is currently running 12 servers but they are good for European players . Because ping gets too high when players from far away joins that .

And I am in search of servers in Asia so players up here will also be able play on that servers .
    Last edited by KuJoe; 06-07-2010 at 06:43 AM.