Free Web Hosting Talk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    FreeWHT Novice

Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    To be honest, you are probably better off just offering a free trial (30 days or such) for your paid services, instead of free hosting. Most people use free hosting because it's...free. They aren't looking to pay money, and have no intention of ever paying money. When they use up their resources, they'll just go someplace else, or open accounts with many different hosts.
    True,but with the price difference of the two being a cup of coffee per month(or less),there is always hope that if they are happy with the provided service and use up all their capacity that they will do the noble thing and upgrade

2. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Elder

Quote Originally Posted by ramdox View Post
    True,but with the price difference of the two being a cup of coffee per month(or less),there is always hope that if they are happy with the provided service and use up all their capacity that they will do the noble thing and upgrade
    Been in the business long enough (16 years) to know that it doesn't happen. Yep, the difference is a cup or two of coffee per month, but people who want to pay for hosting are going to go straight for paid hosting. People who look for free hosting have no intention of ever paying. They'll just keep jumping from host to host to host forever.

FreeWHT Novice

Not arguing here,you obviously have more experience than me My post had the word "hope",I don't have illusions that 9/10 people who sign up for a free hosting,make the change to paid hosting, I would go for a 1/10(maybe),but there is always hope

5. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Novice

I have ran a few free host in the past an none upgraded from
    Free package to paid as those seeking free want free. Asking
    Or requiring linkbacks are a better bet to attract future customers

FreeWHT Novice

Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    I highly doubt it.
    :-) idd ;-)

FreeWHT Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ramdox View Post
    Not arguing here,you obviously have more experience than me My post had the word "hope",I don't have illusions that 9/10 people who sign up for a free hosting,make the change to paid hosting, I would go for a 1/10(maybe),but there is always hope
    Indeed, it is rare, however I would say that business users are more likely to upgrade than anyone else.

FreeWHT Newbie

It is rather difficult to actually power ads now a times cause there aren't a lot of no cost segments out there that can do the techniques.
    Last edited by Namepad; 05-02-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: link

FreeWHT Newbie

awesome idea for free web hosting.

FreeWHT Novice

there is a fair arguement here with free and paid i currently offer offshore post 2 host and paid hosting resellers master resellers and soon vps and dedicated servers thanks to my sponsor who i know very well i currently have a customer base and with only 6 weeks old i am pretty impressed especially when my second client was a paying customer the truth is 99% of free clients will stay free with the %1 upgrading to paid hosting the only reason they upgrade is because there websites gaining some revenue or they have a big traffic rate and earn from cpm ads truth is its always risky running free hosting if you are just a free host then you will be at a constant loss so offer small free packages and then add the difference to your paid and always if you have enough money have free and paid clients on 2 seperate servers and if possible have your main site hosted somewhere else hope this helped a little bit

The issue with free customers is that when they are in a position to pay they are not likely to pay you. After all why the would want to pay to be on the same server as free customers Most wont beleive they are on a faster, better less crowded server because you pay them.