Free Web Hosting Talk

FreeWHT Newbie

Default Monitor Outgoing Links

Can anyone recommend a good way for me to monitor OUTBOUND and INBOUND links via a wordpress mu / cpanel install?
    i own the server and would like a way to monitor all inbound and outbound links on all domains on my server(s) Any recommendations would be awesome, thanks in advance.

2. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Newbie

Me too...i need such

FreeWHT Novice

If I correctly understood, you want to log each visit to your site, specifically the link that the visitor used to get to your website. Also, you want to log if the visitor clicked an external link in your website.

The first can be achieved with the Referer http header.
    For example, if the visitor searched for your site in google, and then clicked the link in google, the referer will be something like:
    Code:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=your+site&more_things
    The second needs you to have some javascript logging each external link visit.

I hope I got it correctly.

5. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Newbie

ok, yea i want to beable to determin what websites my page's link to, however.. i want this to be a server side optin, auto monitoring ALL domains/subdomains/subfolders etc for public access.

FreeWHT Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ronkrt View Post
    ok, yea i want to beable to determin what websites my page's link to, however.. i want this to be a server side optin, auto monitoring ALL domains/subdomains/subfolders etc for public access.
    Again, If I correctly understood, you want to know each link, server wide, that points to an external website.
    Maybe you can do that with mod_rewrite (apache module) and a redirector script. I mean, making a rewrite rule that rewrites each external link to something like:
    Code:
    http://www.yourserver.tld/redirector.php?=EXTERNAL_URL_HERE
    Then in the redirector script, you log each site. However, redirecting to the redirector script will break the original referer header, so external sites will only see that the referer script is linking to them, and not the real user site.
    So, you need javascript to make the visitor's browser go to your redirect scripts, that logs each external link, so at the same time the browser also opens the link.

So: With mod_rewrite, you need to add some javascript code.
    With javascript, you need to make a XMLHttpRequest to your redirector script (in fact, just a logging script).

FreeWHT Novice

Also, there should be a Wordpress plugin available that supports this, as an easier option.

FreeWHT Newbie

ok, yea i want to beable to determin what sites my page's weblink to, however.. i want this to be a host part optin, automatic tracking ALL domains/subdomains/subfolders etc for community accessibility.
    Last edited by Namepad; 05-02-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: link

FreeWHT Newbie

Can someone tell me how to start a web hosting service from home?
    Last edited by Namepad; 05-26-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Please see rules inregards to signatures and links

FreeWHT Novice

I thought CPANEL is able to track outgoing / incoming traffic?