Free Web Hosting Talk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hosting & Blogs

FreeWHT Newbie

Default Hosting & Blogs

Question for everyone, if you wanted to setup a wordpress blog, would you be fine and dandy with a Wordpress Blog hosting service or do you want to get your own hosting account and go from there self installing etc?

2. Sponsored Links

Depends what type of user base your looking at

FreeWHT Elder

Quote Originally Posted by ronkrt View Post
    Question for everyone, if you wanted to setup a wordpress blog, would you be fine and dandy with a Wordpress Blog hosting service or do you want to get your own hosting account and go from there self installing etc?
    Get your own hosting account. I wouldn't even bother with blog/forum/etc. hosting services. With your own account, you have far more control, get email addresses, comprehensive stats, etc.

5. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Adept

I'd go with a host that has Softaculous installed - it has it pre-configured for you so you don't need to upload the files via FTP; many, but not all hosts have this.
    It's a good way to get into WordPress; if you need to edit the files you still can.
    Learning about hosting - doing this with my two-man team!

FreeWHT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Achmed View Post
    Depends what type of user base your looking at
    This
    If you're targeting a customer that doesnt want to be bothered with managing his website, than a SaaS type setup would be perfect. If not regular hosting would be the way to go

FreeWHT Novice

Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    Get your own hosting account. I wouldn't even bother with blog/forum/etc. hosting services. With your own account, you have far more control, get email addresses, comprehensive stats, etc.
    Agreed, I would say that self-hosting your blog is the best solution, especially as some free blog hosts can be quite unreliable at times.

FreeWHT Newbie

you own account for sure

FreeWHT Novice

As much as I love to have full control over my accounts, I wouldn't mind using a hosted blog.

FreeWHT Newbie

I am trying to learn web design and need to find a cheap web host. I checked out Comcast and Google but they just have these pre-designed templates that look like they're for people who just want to post stuff about their family reunion, etc. What I want to do is design pages in html and CSS and display them and the ones I mention won't let me do that. How do I find a good (and cheap) web hosting service.
    Last edited by Namepad; 05-26-2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Please see rules inregards to signatures and links

FreeWHT Novice

I would surely go with a hosting plan and then install it my self!!!! Installing softwares these days are super-easy due to Softaculous and Fantasico!!!!