Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    fhieli
    Its a free service, what you expect?

FreeWHT Novice
    Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by fhieli View Post
    Its a free service, what you expect?
    While true, look at the big boys in the industry.. 2FreeHosting (whether they actually have nearly 1MILLION registered users or not); is still a VERY large number of accounts. I can't think off the top of my head of any others but I know for a fact I've seen them around on very high pageranks on Google. The fact they don't offer the best service shouldn't be the factor that makes you automatically say "EW! Youhosting!" I mean if the big boys use them, their can't be THAT much wrong they are doing.

Community Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    The fact they don't offer the best service shouldn't be the factor that makes you automatically say "EW! Youhosting!"
    So they provide terrible service, but you shouldn't say bad things about them? What else is left when it comes to a host?

I mean if the big boys use them, their can't be THAT much wrong they are doing.
    Have you used them? There is a lot wrong with what they are doing. The "big boys" use them because it's free. They would never be able to purchase the amount of servers on their own, that they need to run their free host.
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

FreeWHT Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    So they provide terrible service, but you shouldn't say bad things about them? What else is left when it comes to a host?

Have you used them? There is a lot wrong with what they are doing. The "big boys" use them because it's free. They would never be able to purchase the amount of servers on their own, that they need to run their free host.
    For one, I never said you shouldn't say bad things about them if they offer a bad service. What I DID say, (just to clarify..) was that it shouldn't be the ONLY factor to them being a decision marked off your list. One of the upsides is it is FREE. I also stated the big boys use them, and yes IMO you're right. Who COULD afford the servers to host almost 1,000,000 clients whether active or not if you had close to no income and offered FREE hosting. And for a matter of fact; I have used them. The servers never went down on my end and the support was up to par with it being free. Do I use them now? No.. I haven't used them in almost a year. So it could be very true things have changed and they have given up all hope for their freemium model. Just my 2 cents.

Community Leader
    What I DID say, (just to clarify..) was that it shouldn't be the ONLY factor to them being a decision marked off your list.
    Why shouldn't it be? Set on an equal playing field with other free hosts, they can't come anywhere close to competing with the quality and service that others provide. But that shouldn't be the only case in deciding whether or not to use them? What other factors can there possibly be, when you are comparing free vs. free? I'm confused...
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

FreeWHT Novice
    YouHosting is bad in my opinion. Who doesn't do marketing? And how can you proof Company A and Company B doesn't know each other?

Sorry for commenting on an older post, just wanted to share my experience with YouHosting.

Now, I took over 7pz which at the time, was Co-Branded YouHosting. It had around 6,000 users and had been running for 2 years. My brief encounter with YouHosting was not great - my primary concern was the many tickets in our control panel relating to down time and generally poor service - then there was also the fact that despite being a separate brand, YouHosting still maintained the right to email 7pz users with paid hosting offers for their own paid services. From the point of a supplier, this was a deal breaker. I'm not looking to force users in to paid hosting, but I certainly don't want another company pressuring my users in to it either.

I have to say my experience with them was short lived, as I quickly started offering free hosting on our own self-managed cPanel servers to avoid YouHosting.

I think the problem with paid hosting has now come in to free hosting. People expect a lot for their money, and paid hosts can't keep up with that demand (unless they are already sizeable) hence why you see so many failures. Now free hosts are in the same position, either stick to your guns and restrict what you offer to a realistic level and face slower sign up rates, or try and meet the demands of users and face overpopulated servers and poor service.

I think what needs to change is user attitude - don't accept poor quality, but at least contribute to the free hosting business, whether that's a donation if you can afford it, displaying an ad on your website, or even just spreading the word when you find something worth praising. Above all, don't dismiss a host for "low" specs, you don't often need as much as you might think.
    Jake - 7pz Free cPanel Hosting - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder
    http://www.7pz.com

FreeWHTastic!
    Jake, thank you for sharing this information. I recently tried to use YouHosting again, myself, and was met with a very disappointing experience overall. I think you are right in that the company (Hostinger) cannot keep up with the demand for its services. Add to this the fact that "regular" consumers of free hosting 10 years ago have now largely moved to social media, and the largest group of free hosting users left tend to be either free-loaders or abusers.
    Unlimited Free Hosting - get yours today!

A high level of abuse is definitely killing the free hosting market - add to that users of free hosting don't want the hassle of contributing to free hosting communities, or putting ads on their sites - things which free hosts often rely on for a source of income to keep their services going.

Then there are many alternatives to getting online, like social networks as you mentioned.

Out of interest, are you still using YouHosting, if not, what are you using now?
    Jake - 7pz Free cPanel Hosting - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder
    http://www.7pz.com

youhosting is dead, i think it will be soon over because the 'staff' is focused on hostinger and youhosting is used just to promote them for the last 2-3 years.