Question Little Stats info
    So many people on here knows what Backlinks are right?

Wikipedia defines it as....
    Backlinks, also known as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links, are incoming links to a website or web page. In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by a web node (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another web node.[1]
    But anyways I was doing some search on sites and check this out...

# SITE NAME # of Back Links
    1 Twitter 1,800,000,000
    2 Facebook 1,395,000,000
    3 Google 592,700,000
    WebHostingTalk.com 12,020,000
    FreeWebHostingTalk.com 155,100 <-- That is Sad

Wow But Look at Twitter and Facebook they are basically on every website.
    Click the Lock for a FREE SSL

2. Sponsored Links
    yes i see that

Google will be the first after some few years

5. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinks View Post
    Wow But Look at Twitter and Facebook they are basically on every website.
    Sad, isn't it?

FreeWHT Novice
    I was just thinking (in all realistically) thats alot for freeWHT Web Hosting Talk I thought would of been slightly hire....

I think Google Plus (or w/e they call it) contributes to those links and I get the feeling that program will end one day...

FreeWHT Adept
    I think now Google has hugh number of backlinks.

Interesting in the perspective of how connected these sites are online, it makes sense though , almost every website has a social media page with it , we have been told its good benefit for seo. These figures will only increase in a non linear fashion imo , the web is growing very fast , but their impact on seo will decline , to the likes of user metrics content and if google can regulate a social media platform that too.

Btw Facebook has a massive problem with fake profiles its sited that up to 30 percent of facebooks profiles are fake, this is why google is not using it as a metric.

Whats intresting is all this despite penguin , links are still going full force online , i fear the day google drops a similar algorithm to panda again. They will break the internet hahaha

as a last point im not sure about google plus being scraped, google plus certainly isnt a great social media platform but google still makes it a prerequisite to attaining many things like local listing and brand pages , which are highly beneficial o any webmaster, that would tell me they arent planning to scrap it, they are also constantly changing it.Users have a distate for google plus, but you need to use it thats the crux.

Another thing about google plus , is they are pushing free hosting for websites on it , this is a relativity new initiative , they arent going to kill that platform any time soon im sure.
    Last edited by PeterShene; 01-02-2018 at 11:37 AM.