FreeWHT Novice
    Default List of Approved Free Hosting Companies
    Maybe you could do a list of Free Hosting available. Like a sticky thread with approved companies or something. I know there is a lot of shade out there so it would be nice if someone could distinguish between the ones to stay away from. An example of this could be doing something like ranking hosting companies by age...maybe ones that have been around for longer than one year get added to the list or somehting...

I don't know if this is already available as I have not gone through every section of this forum, but I have not found anything so far.

2. Sponsored Links
    I think this would take a lot of work to maintain for the site's admins and mods. Not sure it's doable.
    Last edited by CheapWHM; 04-11-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    Cheap Reseller Hosting at CheapWHM.com!
    Real 24/7/365 Support • Softaculous
    DDoS Protected • CloudLinux® Servers

FreeWHT Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapWHM View Post
    I think this would take a lot of work to maintain for the site's admins and mods. Not sure it's doable.
    Yea but how many of them last a year? Lets say they have to show proof or something. It would not be too much to maintain.

5. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hatelifein View Post
    Yea but how many of them last a year? Lets say they have to show proof or something. It would not be too much to maintain.
    Well, that would be a great idea. People would start using good companies then, instead of fly-by-night ones.

FreeWHT Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapWHM View Post
    Well, that would be a great idea. People would start using good companies then, instead of fly-by-night ones.
    Yea exactly. Going through most of the threads that seems to be the biggest complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by hatelifein View Post
    Sure it is, but the Idea is gold.

I don't really look at the free hosts section, I mainly use the reviews section to determine if I should try a host or not.

FreeWHT Novice
    The idea is really good and I think it can be done. If we have this section then only good hosting companies will be in the list and people can select the best. The criteria for the hosting companies in the list has to be little tough like number of years running the business, reviews, kind of support they are offering and last but the least server uptime.
    Thanks,
    Ashok Reddy
    1 Host Web
    Web Hosting Forum

Sorry guys, we can't pick and choose, our site is about free hosting and they all are welcome. If we find some that really abuse our rules we will block them but its extremely rare when that happens.
    Click the Lock for a FREE SSL