Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    FreeWHT Novice
    Email marketing is one of the best marketing technique used by many web hosts.

2. Sponsored Links
    In another thread, I mentioned upgrades, but also donations is a possibility. I mean, donations do work, given the right people and the right selling method.

If you are a Reseller then it is possible for you to give free web hosting. Some web hosting provider give free web hosting for first year and after first year they charge you. If you advertisement on their sites then also you get free hosting but there are some terms and condition as per company policy.

5. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Newbie
    from ads they put in there sites, and make you upgrade to premium host in some point >

Main option to get money is advertisement and paid features that they provide and also they offer paid upgrades.

Yea i was wondering about this myself , i see many web design agencies and development companies are now also providing hosting services more and more , i assumed it was to keep their clients with them although i am sure that the hosting side of things is just to compliment and enhance the web development and design business side of things somehow... In what manner i do not know, but im interested , is there some seo benefit like back links ? better Client retention ? and advertising.

FreeWHT Newbie
    Default How We Make Money
    Hello,

Great question, I'm going to give a bit of detail to our answer.

We require clients to linkback to us, and we limit the resources for clients.

If clients require unlimited resources, we provide an upgrade via our partners at a cost of 2.49 .

In return for this we receive a discount on our services with them, and an affiliate commission paid out to us each month.

Over time we will grow in size and obtain more partners as there will be a larger insensitive as we grow.

Ads and Upgrade I think ?