Thread: FWHT on Twitter

Thumbs up FWHT on Twitter
    Hey old and new member's. Quite a handful of you been on FWHT long before there was a Twitter. Well back on March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Biz Stone and Noah Glass and launched by July 2006.

Well now you can find FreeWebHostingTalk.com on Twitter. For legal reason's this is not the official Twitter account of FWHT. This account was created by me and run by user's like yourself.

So if you have an Twitter account come on by and follow us so you can get some interesting news and such from us. We might even post some sites we recommend (not endorsed).

https://twitter.com/FWHTalk

2. Sponsored Links
    Awesome. I look forward to seeing you guys on twitter.

I think you need to keep a regular content flow on Twitter, it might also be worth following some free web hosts and posting links to their advertisements on the forum from time to time (both ad supported and ad free hosting of course)
    Jake - 7pz Free cPanel Hosting - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder
    http://www.7pz.com

5. Sponsored Links
    Well we are getting fully setup with Twitter. iMark will be helping me with it, we will be soon doing advertisement's for the free hosting community but it will be strict on who we do.

Community Liaison 2.0
    I'll be 100% honest...I'm not a fan...not even a slight bit.

The reason free hosting has almost met its demise is precisely due to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc. There is not really a need for personal hosting anymore, because the various social media sites cover everything free hosting used to be used for, and they're WAY more popular and easier to use.

Taking the forum traffic, discussion, etc. over to social media is asking for the demise of this forum. People will participate there and won't even come here except to advertise.
    WSWD Inc., Celebrating our 20th year in business WSWD.net - Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Server Hosting Blazing Fast SSD VPS That Will Blow Your Mind!! High Performance RAID10 SSD Drives, IPv4, IPv6, and Private IPs InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

Well I thought on that myself. But only thing we probably use social networking (mainly twitter) for is to offer to the General Public who does not already use our site and kinda promote and get FWHT out there again. I myself can't say this will do any good. I have been here for many years and I agree social networking is killing forums but if used right I think it could be a boost we need to get people back here.

In the side of it, it can be used to get a-lot of the good free hosting sites (such as yours and many others) out there for even more people to see. I love FWHT for what it is and what it was and only wanna see it grow.

But do not get me wrong I will take what you say to heart because I believe you are like the most of us who want to see FWHT live and I read most of the stuff you post because it usually is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    I'll be 100% honest...I'm not a fan...not even a slight bit.

The reason free hosting has almost met its demise is precisely due to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc. There is not really a need for personal hosting anymore, because the various social media sites cover everything free hosting used to be used for, and they're WAY more popular and easier to use.

Taking the forum traffic, discussion, etc. over to social media is asking for the demise of this forum. People will participate there and won't even come here except to advertise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinks View Post
    Well I thought on that myself. But only thing we probably use social networking (mainly twitter) for is to offer to the General Public who does not already use our site and kinda promote and get FWHT out there again. I myself can't say this will do any good. I have been here for many years and I agree social networking is killing forums but if used right I think it could be a boost we need to get people back here.

In the side of it, it can be used to get a-lot of the good free hosting sites (such as yours and many others) out there for even more people to see. I love FWHT for what it is and what it was and only wanna see it grow.

But do not get me wrong I will take what you say to heart because I believe you are like the most of us who want to see FWHT live and I read most of the stuff you post because it usually is the truth.
    Thank you for your honesty. As brinks mentioned, we will try to promote the FWHTalk via twitter. I understand that moving the community to twitter is a bad thing and I can assure you that we are not trying to do that.
    What I had in mind for twitter (I am sure Brinks also thought about this), was to drive twitter followers to forum posts and threads. Once there the follower would want to comment on the thread and to do so he/she would have to register. After that we hope that they would browser the forums or be linked to a post via twitter again and post on other popular topics. This allows us to market those on twitter who may prefer twitter over free web hosting and those that want their own website. I believe having your own website is a lot more professional than a twitter /social media account and I hope that others do too. The twitter account can also be used to keep FWHTalk members updated on the most popular topics and discussions on FWHTalk (via links). Of course we are still testing all of this and I am sure that if it is found that the twitter account has a bad effect on the community, we will remove it.

I absolutely love hearing your feedback because it allows me to really think about this from other people's perspectives. It also allows me to question whether or not what I am doing is correct.

I look forward to hearing back from you, Thanks!
    Last edited by iMark; 08-29-2015 at 10:39 PM.

I so do agree. FWHT is always my first choice over any social network. Like iMark said, if twitter starts to hurt FWHT (more then social networking already has) then it will be removed.

I saw over at WHT they got a FB page and their site is still pretty active. Now we have the problem of not many user's anymore because of prices of paid hosting being so cheap and how free hosting has been abused. So I just hope to bring FWHT back to what it use to be back in the day. That is why I wanted to work here.

As the way users interact with each other changes, sites like FWHT must adapt to keep up. People expect to be able to view content on sites like Twitter so it will be to the benefit of existing users that use Twitter and may also draw in new users. It will be a good way to highlight active and interesting posts to a wider audience and potentially bring in new users whom wish to view that content.
    Jake - 7pz Free cPanel Hosting - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder
    http://www.7pz.com

FreeWHT Adept
    Now I'm following you on twitter