FreeWHT Novice
    Default Hoop Host 1GB Hosting - CloudLinux, CageFS, Unlimited Bandwidth
    Hello everyone, I'm Hosting Again!

First and foremost, I was a provider in the past for free hosting primarily as a learning experience. The entire operation was a complete success due to the fact that it was intended as a learning environment, and everyone on the hosting services were given several months notice of intent to close the servers or were given an opportunity to move to a paid hosting plan with included migration to the new infrastructure.

I've decided to continue offering free hosting, and keep it permanent this time. I've been in this industry professionally for over a decade, and work with a very reputable company, but I still have a need and interest to try new things that I believe will eventually become a standard. It's for that reason why I'm starting up a new website to serve free hosting customers. In addition, I will be running some social tests as well during the operation of Hoop Host (which will be permanent this time).

Okay, straight to the good stuff! Here're the plan details. The order links can be found on the following link, but everyone will only qualify for the 1G plan so that's the only one I will be listing as available. Upgrades are possible only through the website. Yes, upgrades are free.

http://www.hoophost.com

Service Details
    - 1G Disk Storage on RAID 10 drives
    - Unlimited Bandwidth (Obviously not unlimited, just be fair with usage)
    - CloudLinux, CageFS, and PHP Selector
    - Regular backups maintained on RAID 10 4TB capacity servers on a different rack
    - All the standard features you would find from other providers.
    - "Best Effort Support"

Support Limitations
    This is of course a self serve service. Support will be a courtesy, but it shouldn't be expected. The objective here is to create an outstanding service pertaining to the infrastructure, so feedback is always welcome, but regular support and troubleshooting cannot be provided on an ongoing basis. Just want to be up front about that. You may receive an initial email requesting some information, but otherwise not much communication will occur. I will for the most part be running this by myself, but I'm not alone. Support will be "Best Effort!" - it's not completely ruled out, but don't have a whole lot of expectations. You will need to install your own Wordpress blog!

Terms of Service, Privacy, & AUP
    Right now consider the services at-your-own-risk. A standard Terms of Service will go up soon, just don't do anything illegal and resource intensive, and you will be fine. Adult content is fine, robotic traffic is not. Your privacy is respected 100% and will remain unsold to third parties, that's it in a nutshell with the exception that I have Google Analytics setup on the site.

Notes
    - The website design is temporary and only acting as a short term visual of the website. I have much better plans coming up.
    - Staffing may be considered in the future, but it will be provided through outsourced agents who work at either very low rates, or are students / learners themselves. They will not have access to the servers themselves if this route is considered.
    Last edited by Lawrence Wright; 04-08-2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Was having formatting issues with the forum.
    Lawrence Wright - Free Web Hosting Provider
    Hoop Host - cPanel, CloudLinux, CageFS, PHP Selector
    cPanel 100+ Accounts 99.98 Uptime 99% Satisfaction
    Back in the game ready to host websites on a live staging environment.

2. Sponsored Links
    Community Liaison 2.0
    I remember you Larry!! Welcome back, and good luck with the host!

FreeWHT Novice
    Thanks wswd! Last time went very smooth, so hoping this one goes even better.

Need to update my signature, going to get on that probably before the end of the weekend.

5. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Novice
    I seen that you have some limitations for now (for example: the country of the users).

Anyway, I hope you have many success!

FreeWHT Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by DkX View Post
    I seen that you have some limitations for now (for example: the country of the users).

Anyway, I hope you have many success!
    Hello DkX,

The order form specifies an exception may be made if you contact / submit a ticket. Go ahead and put in an order if you're interested, but open up a ticket and it should be ready within 8-24 hours. That clause is there until I fully implement fraud protection and automated high risk audits.

It's unfortunate and inconvenient, but there're 9 out of 10 orders submitted for accounts to sit dormant for future abuse. Fairly universal in my experiences, so stringent policies are needed since they help quite a bit.

FreeWHT Novice
    Don't worry Larry, I understand your point and I am totally agree with this policies.

By the way, I seen your personal website and I liked so much. Good job!

FreeWHT Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by DkX View Post
    Don't worry Larry, I understand your point and I am totally agree with this policies.

By the way, I seen your personal website and I liked so much. Good job!
    Order received, just need you to choose a different subdomain! I'll get that provisioned for you once you update the ticket with your preferred domain.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm changing it up soon though, so it'll look very different than what it is now.

FreeWHT Novice
    Ticket sent. Thank you, Larry.

FreeWHT Novice
    I have four days testing the service and has good speed, good uptime and support is fast.

Lawrence Wright is a good guy and very kind. I hope the Hoop Host can grow very quickly.