Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FreeWHT Novice
    Default Revenue sources?
    What are the main revenue sources for a free webhost these days? It seems like:
    Ads on client sites --> Few signups.
    Ads on your site/ Control panel ---> Few clicks.
    P2H --> Few signups (people are lazy and want things for free).
    Conversions/ Upgrades --> Wouldn't they chose a paid host in the first place?

You are building up a large list, which you could use to market to, but it would be pretty "low value".

2. Sponsored Links
    FreeWHT Novice
    Upgrades provide a way for new projects to develop and expand, and. when they start to gain momentum, an upgrade can keep them going without a change of hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Surmount View Post
    What are the main revenue sources for a free webhost these days? It seems like:
    Ads on client sites --> Few signups.
    Ads on your site/ Control panel ---> Few clicks.
    P2H --> Few signups (people are lazy and want things for free).
    Conversions/ Upgrades --> Wouldn't they chose a paid host in the first place?

You are building up a large list, which you could use to market to, but it would be pretty "low value".
    Upgrades would be the best revenue option.

5. Sponsored Links
    Free Hosting is always an investment. It lets the people try your hosting for free and then go for Paid hosting later on. Ideally one should not think of earning from day one from free hosting. The best thing is to gain good loyal customers who can always recommend your hosting. Upgrades will happen automatically and you can earn by way of upgrades.

Default Ads is the main source of income
    Running Ads is the main source of income. If your site provides value to visitors and contains quality content, you will get a huge number of visitors each day. There are thousands of websites which earn thousands of dollars each month just by running ads.

FreeWHT Novice
    If you are running ads people will not like you because there is no value in it. Create value and you will be able to get more profit from your webpage.

Default Revenue sou
    I would like a mod created where you can share Adsense revenue with members. Basically a member would be able to put there adsense code on all pages of only the videos they upload. Anyone able to do this or have it done already?
    Thanks

FreeWHT Novice
    Most people looking for free hosting want just that, Upgrades will properly be a very low %, Google adwords, Maybe offer 'Addons' of some kind.

J
    Shared Hosting UK - Shared VPS Hosting

Community Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardfed View Post
    I would like a mod created where you can share Adsense revenue with members. Basically a member would be able to put there adsense code on all pages of only the videos they upload. Anyone able to do this or have it done already? Thanks
    Putting it on peoples' pages in that manner used to be a violation of the Adsense TOS. I don't know if that's still the case, as I haven't used them in ages. Nobody is going to want ads on their websites, where almost every free host these days does not have ads.
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

I've always ran post to host businesses using different types of publisher networks and affiliate programs. You said people are lazy and just want stuff for free. I agree that's somewhat true. But, the key to p2h is building a good community. That way the users get quality content to read and write about. This makes it less of a chore and actually kind of fun. I used to enjoy the days when I had to post in forums for hosting. It's all about the community. Also, making the plans really easy to obtain, at least the most basic plans, helps a lot as well.