Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Default Linux VPS or Window VPS
    Can anyone explain to me what is the difference between Linux VPS and Window VPS?

Community Leader
    Sure. One uses the various linux operating system and one uses Windows. You're normally going to use Apache with the linux system and IIS with the Windows, for your webservers. MySQL vs. Access or such for databases.
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

does both of the vps provide cPanel?

Community Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Exabetty View Post
    does both of the vps provide cPanel?
    No. cPanel only works with linux. There are control panels available for Windows, however.
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

Personally, I prefer Windows Hosting over Linux, and that's because of following:
    – The Windows server edition
    – .NET framework support
    – Microsoft SQL server database support
    – The company’s knowledge and experience using Microsoft technology and solutions
    – Price
    Last edited by UncensoredHosting; 03-14-2017 at 03:45 PM.

I suggest you to take Linux hosting for your site which is more easy to access.

FreeWHT Newbie
    Default Eowe Automat
    Personally i'll suggest you to go with Linux VPS. Reason is the open source apps which are more secure in linux environment while sql attacks/script kiddies can cause more damages to windows server than linux. And performance wise you'll find linux much better in comparison.

If you want to take more technical opinion on this one then head over to LINK REMOVED and you'll get the pros and cons of both these systems.

I can assure you that the application that you need to use for the IM work (like wordpress or list hosting etc) will work with both linux and windows server. So there is no cons that way.
    Last edited by Brinks; 03-17-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Can anyone explain to me what is the difference between Linux VPS and Window VPS?
    Linux hosting is based on the open source operating system that provide free software avalability to anyone ensuring and allowing them to use, modify and improve the versions easily
    On the other hand
    windows hosting is built on windows operating system ( as developed) by miscrosoft.

It really depends on the programming/development platform you are using. Due to the higher cost with windows licenses, i would buy windows vps only if i need to use ***.net or .net applications.

Depend on your resource. window vps for .net, linux vps for php, wordpress, etc...