Thumbs up Post2Host still viable ?
    Hi,

I'm intending to start a Post2Host forum, with features such as Reseller Hosting/Web Hosting with cPanel & Backups, and free .com domains .

This will take place in a MyBB Forum with some sort of Cash system ( Eg. Posts get 5$, maybe threads 10$, and with maybe 20$ u can get like 500 MB Hosting, and a lot more maybe 400$ a .com domain or maybe monthly top poster gets $400 ? )

I don't mind it not being too active, as having too many accounts may be hard to handle ( Not load wise, but spam wise, as many abusers as u probably know use instant free hosting to spam )

With post2host at I can get real ppl who truly need hosting for it.

Don't plan to earn $$ with this, just as a platform for new webmasters to help themselves launch their own site

If you have any suggestion/tips/advice, please drop a reply , thank you !

2. Sponsored Links
    Community Leader
    I'll ask the same question I ask all the other potential free P2H hosts. Why would anybody go with the P2H model, when there are tons of free hosts out there where no posting is necessary? If you have a good reason, then perhaps it is still a viable option.

Me personally? I would not waste my time posting when I can get the exact same product for doing nothing.
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

Post2Host is a touchy subject now a days. There is way to many free hosting out their out there offering the same if not better benefits. If you could find a way to make it better maybe but doubtful it will go far.

5. Sponsored Links
    That is true, it won't cost me much tho, so I think I am gonna try it out tho ! A long time ago I did have a free/budget hosting company, and most of the problems I faced as a free signup hosting provider was the large amounts of mail spam sent out via PHPmail, so I'm inclined to try the p2h route this time

Thank you for your advice !

Community Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomghost View Post
    ...most of the problems I faced as a free signup hosting provider was the large amounts of mail spam sent out via PHPmail...
    That's just pure mismanagement. It's incredibly easy to prevent spam. Good server administration prevents spam, not changing to one type of hosting vs. another.
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zomghost View Post
    A long time ago I did have a free/budget hosting company, and most of the problems I faced as a free signup hosting provider was the large amounts of mail spam sent out via PHPmail, so I'm inclined to try the p2h route this time
    Wouldn't you want to to try the opposite 'hand-holding Premium' method? People would pay wonders for the ultimate experience of not doing anything while you set everything up for them and such... Free & budget hosting industries are dominated and extremely difficult to crack nowadays.

It depends on the value of the post. I mean 2 USD a month hosting in forum posts would be 10 posts a month for 20 cent posts and 20 posts a month for 10 cent posts. Also, how big would the posts be?