Question I cant connect to my remote MySQL database that I have
    Im not sure which forums I should use or even if Im on the right website but I hope I am in the right one. Hello and I need your help. So Im trying to connect to my MySQL database which does support remote MySql. But theres a problem. I will get an error I cant connect to my database. The problem is, SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'mc1931'@'192.168.0.12', it shows it tried to connect to 192.168.0.12 which isnt the correct database. It should have connected to 149.56.147.175 which I have setup. It seems like something is overriding it. Any ideas? Thanks ( Im using freehosting btw )
    Last edited by iskandarluqman; 09-08-2017 at 04:49 AM.

2. Sponsored Links
    Community Leader
    How exactly are you trying to connect? It looks like something is forcing it to your local IP.
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

Yes true, its forcing me to connect to a local IP. Heres the default settings which was provided by the maker.
    <?php

final class Settings {
    public static $TRUE = "1", $FALSE = "0";

public function __construct($connect = true) {
    // Web interface language. Languages are stored in the "lang/" directory.
    $this->lang = 'en_US.utf8';

// Database information
    $this->host = '149.56.147.175';
    $this->port = 3306;

$database = 'mc1931';

$username = '####';
    $password = '###';

Obviously I would not share the username and password
    It does works fine on other web hosting but only freehosting, which forcing me to connect to a local IP. So I was wondering if there was a fix for this? Freehosting uses CPanal FYI. I can give you the whole files(the website setup) if you wanna check.
    Last edited by iskandarluqman; 09-08-2017 at 05:11 AM.

5. Sponsored Links
    Community Leader
    And you're sure they allow remote connections? That code looks just fine.

I can ensure you theres nothing to do with the SQL Database that Im trying to connect, Im assuming this got something to do with freehosting side? Because the error I got that I shared earlier is
    The web interface was unable to connect to the database using the configuration provided.
    Database error: Access denied
    SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'mc1931'@'192.168.0.12' (using password: YES)

The error appear because it is trying to connect to @192.168.0.12 which is isnt the correct IP. So I was wondering if a hoster can block my access to connect to the database that Im trying to connect, because why would it suddenly redirect to a local IP. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Because I never knew a hoster can block access to access another database. But I couldnt say its blocked because it is just forcing me to connect to 192.168.0.12 when I really setup it to connect to 149.56.147.175 . Im still dont know what is causing this, is it my hoster? Thanks again

Community Leader
    Yes, hosts can (and do) absolutely block outbound connections on 3306. I would venture to guess that the entire port is blocked, but that still doesn't explain the local IP address.

Do you have localhost in any of your connect code?

Yes and thats why Im confused. If my host really did blocked my connection, it should showed(well atleast the correct IP but the error would be different) :

The web interface was unable to connect to the database using the configuration provided.
    Database error: Access denied
    SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'mc1931'@'149.56.147.175' (using password: YES)

Im will be sharing, I hope you can see whats causing the problem for it to change to 192.168.0.12 . But how do I even share a link? Spam until I reach 5 posts?

Community Leader
    Can you put that file somewhere else? Too many ads and nonsense on that site. I can't even find the link to download the file. All the links I see are ads.